Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Seattle in Miami 2007

too long [and boring]
didn't read.

Posted by *gong!* | December 13, 2007 3:25 PM

All this art-world prattle is the least interesting thing in SLOG. I'm sorry Jen. I appreciate your fine grammar, but YAWN. Can't you just put an excerpt and not soak up some much real estate?

Posted by Joe Blow | December 13, 2007 3:32 PM

"so much"

Posted by joe blow | December 13, 2007 3:33 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Jen, you can start these out with a few paragraphs then put the rest after the jump so those of us who won't read can get to the next post without paging down 9 or 10 times.

Posted by too much | December 13, 2007 3:46 PM

For the attention deficit -

Massive inflation in number of fairs leads to decline in sales as collectors spread thin then exhausted and blinded by repetition. "Competition good for some, sucks for others," says artist William Powhida.

Posted by William Powhida | December 13, 2007 4:55 PM

Seriously, that article a couple of weeks ago with Lawrimore pictured in the center with all the other Seattle dealers postioned around him like Brady Munch minions? Really idiotic and disrespectful. This article just adds to my belief that Jen Graves has a huge crush on somebody.

Posted by Eye roller | December 14, 2007 12:13 PM

Eye roller - only one dealer was shown, Kucera, and a gallery assistant - C.Scott - Kucera only because Lauramore worked for him. Who knows why the others were omitted - probably because they don't care.

Posted by stinky | December 14, 2007 2:07 PM

this post makes no sense. It starts out like nobody did well at Miami then when you actually read it, most did. I guess if Jen's lapdance victim Scott Lawrimore didn't do well, then no one else really matters. A running theme in her "reviews"

Posted by 20 dollar bill | December 14, 2007 4:56 PM

i don't really get the recent appearance of "lauramore". am i being oversensitive or is someone trying to diminish scott lawrimore by femininizing it into "Lauramore"? that smacks of sexims and don't be a dick by doing that. if i'm being oversensitive -- i'm a dick!

Posted by joey | December 15, 2007 1:03 PM

I thought the post was informative. It was good to see how galleries fared in Miami.

thanks

Posted by Jennifer | December 20, 2007 5:17 AM

joey - No one's diminishing scott better than himself - he's acting like a QUEEN and that's his female persona - like it or not but i do think it's funny you think you're a dick in this context...

Posted by stinky | December 21, 2007 2:10 PM

Queen quotes for you...
(My Queendom for Google to be permanently imbedded in my becrowned head.)

#6:
“I will not be triumphed over.”
“Be it known that we, the greatest, are misthought.”
Cleopatra – Queen of Egypt (69 BC-30 BC)

#8 + #11:
“Fools are more to be feared than the wicked.”
Christina - Queen of Sweden (1632- 1654)

#5:
“I will make you shorter by the head.”
Queen Elizabeth (1533-1603)

#6 + #8 + #11:
“Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves.”
Queen Victoria (1837-1901)

#11:
“I'm queen of my own compost heap, and I'm getting used to the smell.”
Ani Difranco – Singer (b.1970)

Posted by LAWRIMORE project | December 21, 2007 3:53 PM