Slog News & Arts

« Today in Presidential Politics... | George Bush = Drunk Rat? »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Flickr Photo of the Day

posted by on December 29 at 12:43 PM

Another one from Flickr pool contributor Karlheinz Arschbomber

RSS icon Comments

So like anything involving reflections or double exposures or duplicate images is like extra super popular on Flickr.

Posted by elenchos | December 29, 2007 5:38 PM

I want to know what Intelligent Designer decided that we needed guinea pigs to be streamlined.

Or that we needed guinea pigs at all.

Weird things, they are.

Posted by NapoleonXIV | December 29, 2007 6:08 PM

@1: Actually I thought this one was kinda cool, although I agree that some Flickr photos are better than others. But if you don't like one, just wait--maybe tomorrow's will be better.

@2: Guinea pigs exist to provide food for giant snakes. Giant snakes exist to--umm, let me get back to you on that...

Posted by RainMan | December 29, 2007 6:40 PM

Giant snakes exist to eat guinea pigs. You gotta love a system of checks and balances.

Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty | December 29, 2007 6:59 PM

@2, Guinea pigs, or Cuy as they are called in their native Peru, are wonderful roasted. They are obviously GD's food for the Incas. :-)

Posted by Sachi Wilson | December 29, 2007 7:27 PM

Guinea pigs is South American manna?

No wonder they seem nervous all the time.

Posted by NapoleonXIV | December 29, 2007 8:04 PM

This is my family pet, Sally, now about 6 years old. She's not snake food, has always been housebroken, and has free roaming in the house. Not the stereotypical nervous paranoid houserodent. Many more photos of her (and a worldwide supporting cast) at:

Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber | December 29, 2007 11:26 PM

I must say, that photo is pretty dang cute.

Posted by Jamey | December 30, 2007 12:21 AM

"Giant snakes exist to--umm, let me get back to you on that..."

That made me laugh out loud, RainMan.

Posted by homage to me | December 30, 2007 8:03 AM

when i was about 9, my basset/yellow lab mix Barney broke into my guinea pigs' cage, broke its spine with one bite, and presented it at my mother's feet in the kitchen.

i need to discuss that with my shrink...

Posted by max solomon | December 31, 2007 7:44 AM