Strangercrombie How Your Holiday Shopping This Year Will Help the Homeless Find Jobs and Places to Live
posted by November 19 at 10:44 AMon
Strangercrombie, our annual online holiday charity auction, is coming right up, with its great gift packages, feeling of do-gooder warmth, and photographs of people who are more naked than clothed:
In the past, all the Strangercrombie proceeds have gone to Northwest Harvest, which is great and all, but we thought it would be nice to start picking new causes each year and spread the generosity (your generosity) around.
This year, we chose FareStart.
(And for those kindhearted Slog commentors who worried that switching causes would screw up Northwest Harvest’s life: We talked about it, they’re cool with it, we’re all still friends. Plus, Northwest Harvest is a pretty big organization and FareStart is a comparatively small one. But it’s sweet of you to be concerned.)
And what’s for sale for this year’s Strangercromie?
• A several-course dinner for 10, cooked in your own kitchen by ace chef Ethan Stowell of Tavolàta and Union.
• A giant motherfucking 50-inch plasma-screen television.
• A salmon-fishing expedition with Stranger publisher and blood-sport enthusiast Tim Keck.
• And, um, karaoke with beatboxing marvel and American Idol superstar Blake Lewis.
• A “Chris Crocker Tells You What’s Wrong with You” Package, for which Chris Crocker will give you what-for over the phone and mail you a pair of his underwear.
And lots, lots more. So much more, it’s making me a little woozy.
Strangercrombie: Redistributing your wealth since 2002.