Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« For Charles | Update: Those Suspicous GOP Do... »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Hey, Thanks!

posted by on November 5 at 11:50 AM

Last Monday I put out an urgent Slog distress call seeking headphone advice. I had been reduced to borrowing these at work…

scaled.Headphones.JPG

…and I wanted the wisdom of the Slog crowd to help me find a new pair. I had a fantasy:

My fantasy headphones are like giant earmuffs—the earpieces covered in all kinds of softness, the size large enough that the points of contact mostly involve my head and not my ears themselves. Also must be: Wearable with glasses and powerful enough to withstand an office of extroverts.

I received a lot of tips and advice, and I now recommend this comment thread to anyone seeking a new pair of headphones. The most-recommended headphones to suit my purposes: The Sony MDR-7506s, a couple different kinds of Sennheisers, and some Bose noise-canceling headphones that are so expensive I saw them offered somewhere with a payment plan.

In the end I took the “just go down to Guitar Center” advice (thank you, lilblackcat) and picked up a pair of the Sony MDR-7506s. Comfy bliss! Thanks, Slog.

scaled.SonyPhones.JPG

RSS icon Comments

Why would you need such fancy headphones? Wait....to cancel out Dan's screaming....

Posted by Just Me | November 5, 2007 11:56 AM

Welcome to the club, Eli. I hope they are all you dreamed headphones could be.

Posted by Levislade | November 5, 2007 11:57 AM

But this begs the question: did you get to witness Guitarmageddon '07?

Posted by Paulus | November 5, 2007 12:22 PM

Good choice! you'll like them very much.

Posted by Sean | November 5, 2007 1:26 PM

You're going to break those.

Posted by Or Not | November 5, 2007 2:14 PM

Those are nice. But I like the Sennheisers HD595s. More bass. More live suonding. Pricey, yes. But we are talking music here. I SO don't get how people can stand listening to music on crappy headphones. It's like recommending a super nice black and white tv!@#!

Guitar Center has a 30-day return policy. It's not too late. Check 'em out.

Posted by Big headphonez rool | November 5, 2007 3:51 PM

Your failure to go with MY recommendation means that I will feel nothing when I kill you.

Posted by Fnarf | November 5, 2007 4:21 PM