Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Café au Laid

What is it with those black people and AIDS?

Seems that whether they're in Africa or the U.S., they just can't get away from AIDS.

A critical thinker might wonder if there's some sort of bias or racism occurring.

Posted by BallardDan | November 8, 2007 9:09 AM

You can get chocolate flavored ones in Belgium.

They'd need about 400 more coffee flavors to attract Seattlites.

Posted by Yucca Flower | November 8, 2007 9:17 AM

Mmmmm....condom con leche!

Posted by NapoleonXIV | November 8, 2007 9:25 AM

That second para seems to indicate that high rates of HIV are said to have invented coffee. Queen's English, man!

Posted by switzerblog | November 8, 2007 9:25 AM

'The dark brown condoms are made to smell like Ethiopia’s popular macchiato..."

This just has dirty written all over it.

Posted by Giffy | November 8, 2007 9:35 AM

The important question is, are they caf or decaf? Think of it: I need my morning caffeine fix, he could get a daily blowjob...

Posted by Irena | November 8, 2007 9:46 AM

Cafe au laid. Awesome.

Posted by Michigan Matt | November 8, 2007 9:49 AM

...and those sleepy morning blowjobs could become A LOT more exciting once the caffeine hits!

Posted by Irena | November 8, 2007 9:50 AM

Good invention, as far as it goes ... but think of the market potential of a coffee that tastes like beautiful Ethiopian girls!

Posted by RonK, Seattle | November 8, 2007 10:12 AM

What next?
Paella flavour condoms for Spain?

Posted by Manu | November 8, 2007 10:15 AM

I want a condom that tastes like tuna. That way, when I'm sucking cock, I can pretend I'm a lesbian.

Posted by lizzie borden | November 8, 2007 10:28 AM

Why does this whole thing about coffee-flavored condoms make me a bit sick to my stomach?

Maybe it was the line about using an "Ethiopian flavor" for "Ethiopian girls".

But, to be fair, I feel the same way about most flavored condoms. The last thing that I want to taste when I am being intimate with a man is food.

Besides... is oral sex the main method of HIV transmission in Africa (or anywhere else for that matter)?

Posted by Jonathon | November 8, 2007 11:08 AM

I'm a big fan of DKT International.
Well-organized bunch with good plans.
And main method of transmission or not, it's good to cover all bases.

Posted by katherine | November 8, 2007 11:11 AM

@10, I recall the pubs in London sold condoms with the weirdest flavours: beef curry, whiskey, lager. Flavours that, now that I think of it, have a suspiciously masculine appeal...

Posted by Irena | November 8, 2007 11:18 AM

thank goodness the west is there to make sure Africans breed properly.

And that we care about immune deficiency so well and kindly with drugs like Nevirapine.

(What's nevirapine? Ask a pregnant African woman, or look it up.)

God bless the aids police. Population control with 'flavor.'

Posted by LS | November 8, 2007 12:12 PM