Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on The Morning News

I LOVE when you do the morning news. Thanks for this awesome recipe!

Posted by Michigan Matt | October 19, 2007 8:04 AM

Last night I baked some Sweet Dumpling squash with rice/sausage/rosemary stuffing. Was delish.

Posted by It's Mark Mitchell | October 19, 2007 8:37 AM

Storm not so much?! Half of Broadway was dark! Trees were seared off on John and near the Crocodile last night! Eh, I was into it.

Posted by Fangs On Bats | October 19, 2007 8:47 AM

@3 Actually, I thought that was more of a comment on shitty infrastructure than the strength of the storm.

Posted by Gitai | October 19, 2007 9:00 AM

Yeah, not so much! We were all gettin' ready to ride it out. Sort of like people who enjoy riding in airplane turbulence. Maybe make “I survived Wind Storm 2007” t-shirts. We feel TOTALLY cheated. But after Katrina you really don’t know what you’re going to get when the TV news starts ranting and raving. The limited outage on Capitol Hill was just a fluke/unlucky.

Posted by Touring | October 19, 2007 9:02 AM

That food looks kinda gross. BTW, when do I get invited to one of your rockin' dinner parties???

Posted by StrangerDanger | October 19, 2007 9:46 AM

Fremont didn't have any storm problems, but I hear up north did.

Posted by Will in Seattle | October 19, 2007 10:37 AM

Erica, my dear. I luvs the recipes but I can't read The Morning News now without gaining weight.

Posted by Bauhaus | October 19, 2007 10:39 AM

Did you delete the comments about how this was actually posted last night at 10:30?

Posted by Hmmm | October 19, 2007 10:49 AM

The windstorm was a fucking let down!!!! I had my cynide ready to chomp into since this clearly marked the end of all civiliaztion and up hear in Wedgewood/Ravenna NOT ONE FUCKING TREE FELL DOWN!!! WTF??!!!!

Next time they claim a "huge storm is heading our way" the Space Needle and Columbia Tower damn well better fall down!!!

Grrrrrr....

Posted by Just Me | October 19, 2007 11:58 AM

@ 9: Uh, no, those comments were on a different version. They don't re-publish after we take a post down. I addressed that in my post on Venus last night.

Posted by ECB | October 19, 2007 1:23 PM