Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Flexcar Tax Hike Back On | Notes from the Prayer Warrior »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Re: Flexcar Tax

posted by on October 24 at 14:35 PM

Given that the 43rd’s Capitol Hill also has one of the highest condo conversion rates and Rep. Jamie Pedersen (D-43) bailed on the condo conversion bill, I wouldn’t hold my breath, ECB.

But go for it Sen. Kohl-Welles.

RSS icon Comments

Hugh Foskett would have come out against the Flex car tax. Dont Republicans hate taxes?

Posted by blaire | October 24, 2007 2:38 PM

If I lived across the street, Sen Kohl-Welles would be my state senator.

Why do Red Bushies hate America changing and adapting to become lean and efficient?

Why do they hate America so?

Posted by Will in Seattle | October 24, 2007 2:41 PM

I wrote to Frank Chop about the condo conversion issue, and got no response. I wrote again, saying I had not heard back, and still got no response. How hard is it to have your staff send a "Thank you for your communication" email to a constituent?

I wish he weren't my representative, but I'm pretty much resigned to him.

Posted by exelizabeth | October 24, 2007 2:51 PM

well, it was the subject of a resolution that passed at KCDCC last night.

However, none of this does anything about increasing supply of residential rental apartment buildings, which is the cause.

It just deals with the symptoms.

[insert 100-story residential rental apartment building plug here]

Posted by Will in Seattle | October 24, 2007 3:25 PM

Dear Exelizabeth,

Thank you for your communication. Although we disregarded it completely, we appreciate hearing from our constituents.

Sincerely,

Frank Chop's Friendly Staff

Posted by infrequent | October 24, 2007 3:25 PM

Whoever took a crap on Josh's flexcar seat, claim it so he can move on and do some real work.

Feit logic at work:
"A" hates dogs. Cats are having problems. Therefore, "A" hates cats.

Posted by sseattle | October 24, 2007 10:15 PM