Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Dry-Lanta | The Gay Old Taliban? »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Mailbag

posted by on October 15 at 10:39 AM

The piece on ”The Game Plan” is probably the best film review I’ve read in my entire life. Seriously. Kudos.

Love,
Jessica
Video Store Clerk
Middle of Missouri

Welcome to the genius that is Lindy West, Missouri. Plenty more examples of said genius here.

Hey! I’ve already gotten my absentee ballot. Where the hell is your 2007 cheat sheet? I rely on it! Why should I think for myself when The Stranger can do it for me? —Susan, in Ballard

Look for it in the paper that comes out on Wednesday.

So, your little helpful “set your clocks back” reminder on the cover of this week’s issue: was that a nasty trick or a complete fuck-up? I only remembered it when I woke up this morning (Monday) and thought “Crap, was I supposed to turn my clocks back yesterday? How odd that The Stranger was the only place I saw it mentioned.” Good thing I didn’t take your advice, or I would have been an hour late to work today.

By the way, the actual date to turn our clocks back this year is November 4th.

Thanks,
Levi

It was “a joke,” according to the person responsible.

RSS icon Comments

Nasty trick, or pre-adolescent humor?

Posted by tomcat98109 | October 15, 2007 10:50 AM

Susan in Ballard needs your cheat sheet.

All the more reason to push Seattle in the right direction:

Yes on roads and transit.

Posted by Cale | October 15, 2007 11:42 AM

If you depend on The Stranger to let you know when to go to work in the morning, you're headed down a slippery slope. Cmon, pay attention!

Posted by Katelyn | October 15, 2007 12:25 PM

Set your clocks to rock o'clock, daily, and you'll be fine.

Posted by Banger | October 15, 2007 1:31 PM

Comedy Central used to pull a similar prank. Once when I was younger and stupider, I totally fell for it. Imagine my dad's surprise when he came home to find all of the clocks set two hours off.

Posted by keshmeshi | October 15, 2007 2:28 PM