Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Hey, Sally

Sounds more like she was checkin' you out! FFFFFtttt!! Giiiirlll!

Posted by Mr. Poe | August 9, 2007 2:49 PM

To bad you can't add comments to her blog...

Posted by dave | August 9, 2007 3:30 PM

Assumption: Your route back is from roughly 11th and Pine to downtown Columbia City.

I think your best bet for avoiding the hills on the way back is to take 12th across the Rizal Bridge, pick up the I-90 trail and take it through the tunnel, drop down to Lake Washington, and then do the steady climb up to Columbia City via Genesee Park.

Posted by Greg Barnes | August 9, 2007 3:47 PM

Is this for your commute in general, or because of the upcoming I-5 traffic clusterfug?

Posted by Zach | August 9, 2007 3:52 PM

In general.

Posted by ECB | August 9, 2007 4:40 PM

So, the problem is hills. I thought the reason Seattle was only third in bike commuting was because of something the city wasn't doing. Apparently, soon a total regrade will be called for.

And wouldn't that be biking UP Rainier from South Seattle?

Posted by whatever | August 9, 2007 6:03 PM

I'd read her blog, cause I'm a junkie like that, if only she'd add an RSS or Atom feed.

Posted by King Rat | August 9, 2007 6:49 PM

Erica, it's really not a good idea to bike that stretch of Rainier. Speaking from experience, you never think you'll get hit, then suddenly you do.

If Greg's route is too hilly, you could skip a large section of Rainier by taking the I90 trail to MLK. Once construction is finished, you could take MLK the whole way. Not ideal, but significantly better than Rainier.

Posted by Sean | August 9, 2007 8:31 PM

Goodness people. The Stranger is on Capitol Hill. Columbia City is in a valley (the Rainier Valley). Of course you have to climb a hill to get from Columbia City to Capitol Hill.

The question is how to avoid climbing a hill needlessly on the way back. Straight down the Rainier Valley is the direct way, but the street sucks, and there really aren't any parallel routes. I-90 trail to MLK sort of works, but MLK south of Rainier also sucks. Which is why I suggested going down to Lake Washington, then the gradual climb up the former watercourse that is Genesee Park which takes you straight to, ta-da, Columbia City.

If I knew exactly where Erica lived, there might be a better route where you climb a short hill near Franklin HS, then wend your way south along the side of the Rainier Valley.

Posted by Greg Barnes | August 9, 2007 10:47 PM

I like the Colman Park/Lake Park Dr. idea for the way back. But instead you can go along the little bit of a hill up Mt. Rainier Dr./Hunter Blvd/38th Avenue until you get to Genesee St.

Posted by Zach | August 10, 2007 10:24 AM

gbaetsvk thoaqvdnx eqwol kteul stcz xptugk jezqdno

Posted by lgju osdkcque | August 21, 2007 3:21 AM

tvuawmnr zehltq lhbqnioct haisumrq bnxyfqwtc cpohtlbu vaqdjm http://www.tacumdfjs.gdxjm.com

Posted by btzrpgiwh myfbewods | August 21, 2007 3:21 AM