Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Daly's Drive-In Disappearing?

I want those fries.

Posted by Levislade | August 31, 2007 12:04 PM

Excellent onion rings as well. And, yes, Daly's dining area does offer a view of Lake Union.

Posted by J.R. | August 31, 2007 12:09 PM

With that hole in the ground directly to its south, I knew Daly's days were numbered. Bummer.

Posted by DOUG. | August 31, 2007 12:11 PM

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD.

Posted by Dougsf | August 31, 2007 12:20 PM

YEAH FOR DENSITY!!!! GO DENSITY!!!!

Becareful what you wish for....you may just get it.

Posted by Cato the Younger Younger | August 31, 2007 12:23 PM

Man, when I lived on Eastlake, I'd always enjoy eating there -- good burgers, great shakes. But *having eaten* there? Misery. You feel like greasy hell afterwards.

Speaking of greasy hell, I'm not going to miss their tables or counters.

Posted by S. Ben Melhuish | August 31, 2007 1:23 PM

Eastlake could use some more density. I've never been to this burger joint but I'm sure the office tower will have a better restaurant than a icky hamburger place. I'd prefer a vegan Asian fusion place.

Posted by Aliyah | August 31, 2007 1:29 PM

I used to date someone out Eastlake way and ate at Daly's a lot and really enjoyed it. But after she moved (and we broke up), I honestly never think of it. It's the sort of thing I see in passing and think that I really should go back again someday.

Posted by Chris B | August 31, 2007 2:08 PM

Um....are you gonna eat that?

Posted by Tlazolteotl | August 31, 2007 2:20 PM

Many decades ago, I lived across the
street from Daly's. It was always
a regular pit stop after mis-spent
evenings at the Zoo...great fries, tarter and milkshakes. Lovely view too....

--- Jensen

Posted by Jensen Interceptor | August 31, 2007 3:22 PM

Used to eat there many years ago when living on my brother-in-law's boat at the bottom of the hill. Great food and excellent rebounder from a Zoo bash when my sister was managing the place, or Rupunsils. More density, better office tower resturant? God, the hubris of my home town's new found elitism. But alas you've won, we're buried.

Posted by Wes | August 31, 2007 8:12 PM

i used to work a block from Daly's so I ate there a lot. it's off the fucking chain and if they close it so they can build some new gleaming shithive I'M GOING TO CHOKE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF SOMEONE- preferably a customer of ground-floor office tower Asian fusion restaraunts.

Posted by lar | August 31, 2007 9:10 PM

IF you love Daly's eat there, eat there often, bring your friends ... support the places you love with your business, otherwise please don't whine about their possible demise. Sadly, your words are not enough.

Posted by oliveoyl | September 3, 2007 11:40 AM

I live next door. The obvious hole in the ground along with the auto shop next door that recently vacated is an obvious sign of what's to come. A lease renewal has not been offered, so the owner has no choice but to vacate in January. I highly doubt it will be just an office building. Eastlake doesn't have the highest commercial occupancy rate. However, a mixed-use project will most likely pop up. Just to the North is a large apartment project and just down the hill is a redevelopment of an old fish processing plant to make way for 100'+ yachts.

Posted by CBF | September 5, 2007 9:02 AM