Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Jenna the Vampire Slayer

Kinda sorta in town? Is she leaving her boobs or something?

Posted by Mr. Poe | July 25, 2007 2:12 PM

A transition to comics makes sense, if she still want to be in the public eye. Have you seen what she looks like in real life, nowadays?

She looks like something that eats people's souls.

Posted by JC | July 25, 2007 2:17 PM

Why does she have cross-stitching in her hair? Is it supposed to look tuff?

Posted by Fnarf | July 25, 2007 2:36 PM

Virgin Comics has been absolutely terrible. I saw one titled "The Sadhu," and I was instantly intrigued. I've been reading about sadhus for years, and they've always fascinated me. They live on the ghats among cremated bodies and use human skulls as their begging bowls. They bless weddings and no one will offend them, since they'll curse you as well, and they engage in bizarre rituals to achieve moksha, like keeping one hand in the air for twenty years until the fingers shrivel into stumps, or they cease sitting or laying down. It was written by an Indian, so I figured there'd be authenticity, maybe some badass sadhu driving out British soldiers with his trident and the powers granted him by the gods.

What did I get?

The hero and the villain were both white, both English, and India and the Indians were fucking backdrops, basically irrelevant to the story. It was the kind of thing Mudede could write a book about.

Posted by Gitai | July 25, 2007 2:58 PM

Batman beat Superman? Ha! I think not!

Posted by Joey the Girl | July 25, 2007 2:59 PM

@5

Yeah, as nonsensical as it may be, he did.

Posted by Mr. Poe | July 25, 2007 3:04 PM

Let's just hope they use the hot Jenna from the late 90's and not the new underweight, over plastic Jenna of recent days. Have you seen her recently? She is starting to look like the cat lady with her pulled face and syringe filled lips! She used to be uber hot, now she's just a hot mess.

Posted by lilblackcat | July 25, 2007 3:22 PM

She actually has a Lady Death tattoo, I believe so yeah, she has held at least one comic book.

Posted by Heidi | July 25, 2007 4:06 PM

@5: Batman beats Superman with fair regularity in comics; it's because Batman is always written as being perfect. He's got a plan for EVERYTHING.

...which is probably why I don't read Batman stuff very often, with the exception of Simone's run on Birds of Prey, which has just been delightful.

Posted by supergp | July 25, 2007 4:48 PM

@5 Yes indeed, because Batman is so fucking smart. That, and Superman gave him a kryptonite ring in case he ever lost control.

Posted by Gitai | July 25, 2007 9:48 PM

It's nice to see that there are other geeks on Slog.

Posted by Jonah S | July 26, 2007 12:21 AM