Good luck finding one. I've called all over this blasted city for weeks now only to be beaten to the punch by geeks with insider retail connections.
Damn you, Wii! Your elusiveness makes you that much more attractive!
sweet. that is one rad Wii.
You cannot go wrong with New Super Mario Bros. It's great fun. I'm still rocking the Puzzle Crack, er Quest myself. It's like a Bejeweled RPG -- the ultimate timesink.
Yea, you'll have to get the hookup to actually get one. My dad got one for his office, you should bring yours in to work if you do get it!
ready to fork over 1K+ via ebay?
If people are finding ways to justify spending $600 on the iPhone, I say this is a perfectly reasonable purchase. Especially a pink one. It looks like cotton candy. iPhones don't even come in different colors. Remember when people actually spent $500 on the Motorola Razr phone? Dang they must feel like assholes now.
Maybe I should bring mine to work and charge 2 bits a minute. We got a TV around here?
Someone needs some quality time with Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle.
I'd recommend Diddy Kong Racing, in which you get to race go-karts, hovercrafts and airplanes.
Diner Dash is a lot of fun. I haven't had it for very long, but haven't got sick of it yet.
I didn't realize the Wii had such scarce availability back there. I just checked some UK websites like Argos and Amazon UK and they are available, for £180 which is about $360. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on shipping to the US, but you could check it out.
Tried craigslist? Iffy, I know, but I had no problems buying one for a little less than retail (honest), with original receipt.
A new game called Planet Puzzle League recently came out, seems like a good puzzle game. Also, Clubhouse Games is a very excellent collection of board and card games.
I got one a few months ago. Go online to Best Buy, they have their internet ad that comes out every week. You may have to check early in the morning. I got there an hour early, waited in line for about half hour with a few other people before an employee came out an gave us tickets for the Wii. They only had 10. They held them for ticket holders until 11:00. I love my Wii.
ooooooooooOOOOHHHHHH pretty. I loves me some video games. I wonder if I could get my PS3 painted pink like that?
My Tetris high score is...25,819,886.
I think I finally messed up around level 700-something.
Jordyn, you are my hero.
Games you might love: (in no particular order)
1. Puzzle Quest (depends on your level of nerd, but a damn fine portable game)
2. Mario Kart DS (skip Diddy Kong racing and go for this amazing package)
3. New Super Mario Bros. (great update on a classic game, perhaps too easy)
4. Elite Beat Agents (um, japanese, musical, awesome!)
5. Animal Crossing (like a super cute version of The Sims, with animals)
6. Super Mario 64 DS (if you haven't played it before... totally worth it)
7. Planet Puzzle League (haven't played it yet, but i hear great things)
always a good place to read reviews:
ANIMAL CROSSING. That is all you need. New Super Mario Bros is great, so you wouldn't be disappointed, and I'll also recommend Elite Beat Agents, but seriously, Megan, get Animal Crossing. Trust me.
For DS games, I'd highly recommend the following:
1. Planet Puzzle League - Haven't been able to put this down since I got it over a month ago.
2. Clubhouse Games - I love this game just for the mahjong solitaire. Everything else is icing on the cake.
3. Mario Kart - This shouldn't need an explanation. I prefer this over Diddy Kong Racing.
4. New Super Mario Bros. - I'm only recommending this since you seemed to love Yoshi's Island. This is a fun update, but has very little replay value. I think Yoshi's Island is a superior game.
5. Elite Beat Agents, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Hotel Dusk - I haven't actually played any of these, but they've all gotten a lot of good reviews and are all pretty unique gaming experiences. I'm planning to make Phoenix Wright or Hotel Dusk my next purchase.
For the Wii, don't plan on finding one in stores anytime this year. The shortages are expected to last well into next year. Best bet is to hit Craigslist or eBay before the holidays. eBay prices are currently in the $400-500 range, Craigslist is around $250-350.
Animal Crossing - new one coming out for the Wii - very fun!
Also, when it comes out try MySims - now that ROCKS!
(we can share AC and MS friend codes and visit each other's towns)
Yeah, Mario Kart is better than Diddy Kong Racing, but I didn't mention it because I assumed it came bundled with her DS like it did with mine. Mario Kart never gets old.
If you don't have Elite Beat Agents, get that. If you do have that, get the Japanese version "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan". If you have that, get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. If you have that, get the sequel. If you have that, get Mario Kart DS. If you have that, get New Super Mario Bros.
Regardless of this list, you should have Cooking Mama to play for any otherwise unoccupied 5 minute intervals in your life.
And Pokemon, but that goes without saying.
In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 45 days old).