Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Lake of Fire | Closing Gitmo »

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Morning News

posted by on June 22 at 8:45 AM

Better mileage: The Senate (but not the House, yet) votes to require all new cars to get 35 mpg.

Cheney: Not part of the executive branch?

Skeletons in the CIA closet: To be detailed next week.

The President’s Crocs: Ill-considered, says the Post’s fashion critic.

Brain-controlled toys: Coming.

Closing Gitmo: A paper says Bush is near a decision to do so.

The Paris Hilton interview chase: A $1 million offer from NBC? The network says no.

A nation without a BlackBerry: France.

Who’s the mafioso?: Giuliani says it’s him.

RSS icon Comments

That piece about the Crocs is spot on. Robin Givhan is an amazingly smart fashion writer -- she won the first Pulitzer ever given to a fashion reporter.

And it's good to know that the Crocs president is throwing Republican fundraisers. An even better reason not to wear them.

Posted by It's Mark Mitchell | June 22, 2007 9:09 AM

They lampooned Crocs on the CBC's 22 Minutes by airing a commerical for "Dorcs."

A sassy gal walks through the office and proclaims: "Hey everyone, I'm giving fashion the finger - Dorc style!"

I love Cathy Jones.

Posted by Original Andrew | June 22, 2007 9:34 AM

I never thought I'd never reach a day when I appreciate Birkenstocks. Then I set my eyes on a pair of Crocs.

Posted by keshmeshi | June 22, 2007 10:43 AM

So, if the Office of the Vice President isn't part of the Executive Branch, would someone please tell Mr. Cheney to get the FUCK OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!

Posted by COMTE | June 22, 2007 11:16 AM

You must have missed Cheneys recently published manifesto in the Everyone Thinks Im Insane-Os Home Journal. The introduction was written by SCJ Scalia.

Posted by Original Andrew | June 22, 2007 12:09 PM

Is that the one with the picture of him dressed as Scrooge McDuck, doing the backstroke in the WH pool filled with thousand dollar bills?

Posted by COMTE | June 22, 2007 1:48 PM