Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on The Morning News

So week before last, I sent a very indignant e-mail to Maria Cantwell over her vote to give Preznit Bush a blank check to continue his Iraq War. Well, I got a form letter response, and itís a doozy:

ďI voted for the compromise Emergency Supplemental bill even though I was very disappointed with it. With U.S. troops serving in high risk areas, Congress must provide the proper funding so that our men and women have the body armor and equipment they need to do their jobs and come home safely.Ē

Was that Trent Lott or John Mc Cain? No, that lovely bit of dishonest garbage came right off the Powerbook of some DC Democratic hack and was e-mailed to me from Maria Cantwellís office.

Thatís right, the Dems are saying that if they defund the war, then the generals wonít figure out a withdrawal plan and the troops will be stuck in Iraq with no bullets, no body armor and no way home other holding their thumbs up on the roadside. She was against the war before she voted for it. We have to support the troops by keeping them in combat where they could be killed.

Look, Iíve voted Democratic all my life in every election (even that one every February for school funding), but enough is enough.

With Dems like these, who needs enemies?

Posted by Original Andrew | June 11, 2007 9:15 AM

That gyros recipe looks good. Seattle's best gyros are at Taki's on 85th and 15th NW. Ask Taki to play one of his CDs if there isn't one playing already. Better yet, go on Saturday night and hear him perform live. You'll thank me later.

Posted by Jim Demetre | June 11, 2007 9:34 AM

Powell's speaking out now? Go fuck yourself, Colin.

Posted by keshmeshi | June 11, 2007 9:51 AM

Colin always comes out late. He first helped cover up My lai back in da day and he helped the Bushies by lying for them in the UN. One gets angered when he gets called a man of principles and the voice of reason in the Bush white house. He is just trying to position himself for a Hilary administration. He always was and will be an opportunist. Crap.

Posted by SeMe | June 11, 2007 10:15 AM

Lamb...it's like eating someone's poodle.

Posted by Bauhaus | June 11, 2007 10:19 AM

#3

I think you meant Mr. Gyros on 85th and greenwood. They have the best gyros on earth. Besides, there is nothing good on crown hill.

Posted by wisepunk | June 11, 2007 10:24 AM

Colin Powell can suck it.

Posted by Original Andrew | June 11, 2007 10:37 AM

Colin Powell tried to cover up the My Lai massacre with this doozy of a line in response to a letter sent to the army asking them to investigate the murder:.

In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent."

Powell also worked for Carlucci as his deputy and was involved in Iran contra, he has always been a tool and the front man for the Neos. I dont know why people are fooled by him.

Posted by SeMe | June 11, 2007 10:46 AM

I agree with @7.

Oh, and in terms of Alzheimer's news, we always knew that in the AD research community. The good news was the 85 biomarker study results today from (forgot, either Norway or Sweden) ...

That said, best advice is get mild to moderate exercise (walk up the stairs, stop driving everywhere, gardening is enough), eat a varied diet and some more fruits and veggies, and keep mentally active.

Posted by Will in Seattle | June 11, 2007 10:48 AM