Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Muslim World Inflamed | Rudy Giuliani Spoke on Capitol... »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ted Nugent Vs. Paul McCartney (and Sanity)

posted by on June 19 at 8:13 AM

scaled.Nugent%20Scream%20Dream1.jpg

Sean Nelson isn’t the only one having trouble with Paul McCartney these days. In a recent editorial for The Waco Tribune, ’70s rock star/eternal far-right nut job Ted Nugent blasts McCartney for more than just aesthetic suckery. Writes the Nuge:

I have musical touring associates who have been fired from their jobs with ex-Beatle Paul McCartney for sneaking a hamburger. You heard that right. Fired for eating meat by an animal-rights maniac, hard-core vegan bass player.

Nugent goes on to reveal that “[t]he entire agenda of the gazillion-dollar-financed joke known as PETA literally is dedicated to outlawing meat,” then gets lost in his familiar anti-gun-control psychosis, decrying the “soulless condition of unarmed helplessness in ‘gun-free zones,’” before starting a new beef with—you guessed it—Danny Glover. (Juh?)

Read the whole thing here. (If you thought the man behind “Wango Tango” was a gifted lyricist, wait till you read his editorials…)

RSS icon Comments

I'm not a fan of PETA either, but Ted Nugent is just 100% asshole through and through, and he's not fit to wash out Paul McCartney's underpants. I don't care if his last album wasn't that great; he's pushing seventy, and he's PAUL MCCARTNEY.

Oh, and Sean? Ringo was BY FAR the coolest Beatle. Really, it's not even close.

Posted by Fnarf | June 19, 2007 8:52 AM

Ted is a moron. Even if I enjoyed hunting, or his shitty music, reading his garbage is equivalent to pounding nails in my dick.

Posted by Mr. Poe | June 19, 2007 8:54 AM

McCartney wins this one purely by not being the man who wrote "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang."

While conservatives "live and let live," the left arrogantly thinks it knows better than we do and will burden "we the people" with more government control until we are taxed to death.

Live and let live, unless you're a woman who needs an abortion, or a gay person looking for equal rights. Then you need to shut the fuck up, second-class. Ted, you're an ass.

Posted by Jessica | June 19, 2007 9:15 AM

I don't always like Ted Nugent and his train of thought sort of derails. I don't think he's a moron and I think he is at least fit to do Paul's laundry. I was a fan of his music in my younger years and while his piece reads sort of like some of his music as in basic rock with lots of guitar solos, I think he has a valid point. If you don't like his politics or his pastimes fine, but to fire someone over eating meat is bullshit.

Posted by mthead | June 19, 2007 9:18 AM

While conservatives say "live and let live," McCartney of course, says "Live and Let Die."

Posted by corky | June 19, 2007 9:52 AM

This from a guy who sued his former band mates for daring to tour under any form of the name "The Amboy Dukes without Ted Nugent". He brought his lawyers down on the guys (who were all original Amboy Dukes members) hard just when they started taking in a little cash playing bars. Now Nugent is slamming McCartney? Hypocrite.

Posted by B.D. | June 19, 2007 10:01 AM

Not only does this creep hunt (which I'll never get, sorry), he hunts with a bow and arrow. I guess he likes to watch animals suffer a little before dying.

He couldn't carry Sir Paul's blow dryer. He's the lowest form of vermin and always has been.

Posted by Bauhaus | June 19, 2007 12:09 PM

I like the Nuge.

Posted by Paulus | June 19, 2007 3:00 PM

Firing a band member because they snuck a hamburger? That weirdly makes me respect Sir Paul all the more. I had always thought he was sort of a wimp.

And I'd like to see animals go after The Nuge with a bow and arrow. I'd watch that reality show.

Posted by cygne | June 19, 2007 5:01 PM

I don't understand what the difference is here. The Nuge and Sir Paul are both has-been assholes with nutjob beliefs. Fuck the both of them.

Posted by Flash Gordon | June 19, 2007 8:08 PM

More proof that assholes exist on any side of an argument.

Posted by Ryan | June 20, 2007 9:38 AM

Las Vegas
[url=http://condosforrent-las-newyears-vegas.gebook.org/] condosforrent las newyears vegas [/url]

Posted by rewq4545 | July 1, 2007 12:54 AM