Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on SIFF 2007: Father's Day Finale

Looks like they fixed the projection for CTHULHU at 4:00 at the Neptune - fingers crossed, it should look as pretty as it's supposed to.

Posted by Grant Cogswell | June 17, 2007 10:34 AM

i saw arctic tale in dc last night. the filmmakers were present for questions, and an eight year old girl came up to the mic and asked "so, when you named the baby polar bear and the baby walrus - did you just name them on your own, or did you ask them their names?"

Posted by black and blue | June 17, 2007 10:42 AM

I can't believe it's over so soon.

Posted by Kristi in Kitsap | June 17, 2007 11:32 AM

The winners have been announced and are listed on the siff site (do links here work?). The audience awards once again have much embarrassment. Outsourced best film? Sex & Death 101 best directing? So sad. But very happy that Shotgun Stories received the juried New American Cinema Award.

Posted by stinkbug | June 17, 2007 12:18 PM

Links do work, but you have to remember the quotation marks. I fixed it for you.

And thanks, by the way! They must have posted this while we were still sitting in suspense at the awards ceremony. I wish the Space Needle had wi-fi.

Posted by annie | June 17, 2007 1:54 PM

Sex and Death 101 stunk. It was like Maxim magazine started making movies. I couldn't bear to stick around for the Q+A afterward since Wynona didn't show.

Wish I could have seen Shotgun Stories though.

Posted by Mr_Friendly | June 18, 2007 9:55 AM

Looks like the enemies of the Elder Gods are on a swarm. Good luck, my brethren in Cthulhu...

Posted by christopher | June 18, 2007 11:34 AM

It was fun partying with Grant and the Cthulhu crew on Saturday and Sunday nights.

That said, the Closing Night film was great!

Posted by Will in Seattle | June 18, 2007 10:31 PM