Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Decent Photos of Al Gore at To... | The Nightlife Hearing »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Meat Crosses Another Boundary

posted by on June 5 at 11:09 AM

Ah, Father’s Day in Fremont. You can sit inside Roxy’s Deli and watch the Fremont Fair Nakies go by with Dad. You and Dad can eat for $5 on Father’s Day at Roxy’s, as long as you order from the special menu. Let’s take a peek at it, shall we?

Dad’s $5 Menu: Big Hearty Twigs and Berry Specials to keep the man in you going all day long.

Sounds good! But what alcoholic beverage shall we drink with our brunch?

Cocktail Specials: Meat & Potato Martini made with Potato Vodka and garnished with smoked sausage.

Oh wow. Jonah Spangenthal-Lee, I give you an assignment.

Oh hey! Did you know we’ve got dining reviews now? If you eat anything weird anywhere, make sure to spill the beans!

RSS icon Comments

i went to my senior prom with the girl who owns roxy's. lisa. nobody knows that. shh. and YES, i went with a GIRL. it was montana for fuck's sake!

Posted by adrian! | June 5, 2007 11:36 AM

That martini sounds intriguing. I guess I'll have to give it a try.

Posted by elswinger | June 5, 2007 11:46 AM

Is this the same Roxy's that was/is? just south of Pike Market? Their cheap, plain hotdogs weren't so bad while on my lunch from Immunex.

Check out this rad gift I just ordered for dad:

Posted by Garrett | June 5, 2007 12:27 PM

That's the other Roxy's. This is the one in Fremont.

Posted by Ari Spool | June 5, 2007 12:46 PM

hey kids! wrong, wrong, wrong! they are both the SAME roxy's---the one just south of pike and the one in fremont. they moved. the pike place market location is closed, closed, closed, and fremont is the only where where roxy's is at. it happened a few years ago. as far as i know, there was only ever one location open at a time. mmm. delicious jew food. great for extended wanderings.

Posted by adrian! | June 5, 2007 1:37 PM

How is their potato salad? I used to love the potato salad at A.J.s deli and I haven't found as good since.

Posted by elswinger | June 5, 2007 2:40 PM

Or if you're my son, and you were 5 years older, you could take me to Happy Hour at the Blue C Sushi and spend a lot less and I'd be oh so much happier ...

But the Roxy's is great - I used to buy my bagels there.

Posted by Will in Seattle | June 5, 2007 3:20 PM