Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Eyman: Saving I-200

Sexual orientation wasn’t included in I-200 and so it’s not included in this initiative.

Which is certainly not to say that Tim Eyman supports gay equality. Please. Why even bother defending yourself -- of all places, here, Tim?

Can someone please write an initiative that says that the language of all subsequent initiatives must be standardized so that racist homophobic enemies of the environment can't (get paid to) write initiatives that call themselves "preventing discrimination"?

Posted by bitch on heels | June 21, 2007 4:19 PM

Am I reading this correctly, btw? Are Eyman and Feit on the same side when it comes to decoupling Sound Transit from RTID? Which horseman of the apocalypse is that?

Posted by MvB | June 21, 2007 4:41 PM

I initially figured this wasn't about sexuality issues as Eyman bungled that the first time, with leaders in the anti-gay circles stating they wouldn't work with Eyman again.

Still though, some folks are happy to repeat the recent past, so I didn't rule it out. Thanks, Josh, for the update.

Posted by matthew fisher wilder | June 21, 2007 4:52 PM

Can we get an initiative that declares Tim Eyman to be a horse's ass which I'm sure 99.99% of the voters would approve?

Oh yeah, tried that.

Posted by Original Andrew | June 21, 2007 4:57 PM

MvB,
Chopp was with me on decoupling them too. How's that for the apocalypse?

Posted by Josh Feit | June 21, 2007 5:04 PM

Question: when you get an email from Tim Eyman, do you reformat your hard drive, disinfect your keyboard, and take a shower afterwards?

Posted by Fnarf | June 21, 2007 5:25 PM

The most important thing to remember in dealing with Mr. Eyman -- he's a businessman, and for him initiatives are a business; it's how he makes his living now. He will do or say whatever he needs to, write whatever initiative he needs to write, if he thinks his contributors will support it and send him money.

For me, he's just so much hot air.

Posted by R on Beacon Hill | June 21, 2007 5:28 PM

What a frickin LUSER he is.

Posted by Will in Seattle | June 21, 2007 5:56 PM

None of the above makes the issue wrong.

Disagree with the underlying law if you like, but when the people, either through their elected officials or directly, pass a law mandating X and administrative officials interpreting that law decide it doesn't really mean X, but instead means Y, we tend to call that the Bush Administration.

It's no less wrong just because it's racial preferences being used illegally instead of wiretapping. Follow the law until you get it changed.

Posted by torrentprime | June 21, 2007 6:12 PM

"We’re exploring various potential initiative proposals."

That's Eymanspeak for "I'm exploring which issue I can get the most money from"

Posted by J. Whorfin | June 21, 2007 7:39 PM

ywrvxqpd gxanywm zrkmyoqv zapexhvry vznjrx antmldu rundfbkj

Posted by svuthoclg dwmgsbl | June 25, 2007 6:44 PM