Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Come of a Preacher Man

Aw, lower right!

Posted by joshua | June 29, 2007 3:14 PM

My camera crapped out and simultaneously ran out of battery and memory half-way through the interview, but I should have most of the first half up on YouTube soon. It was a really interesting and somewhat touching interview. I appreciate what Mike Jones has done for us all, and I'm glad you're supporting him.

Posted by Carollani | June 29, 2007 3:19 PM

If the best way to thank Mike is to pay for that book...

Posted by Mr. Poe | June 29, 2007 3:31 PM

...then...?

Posted by Carollani | June 29, 2007 3:44 PM

I seem to recall the answer to 'shoot or dribble' being 'shoot.'

Posted by Ben | June 29, 2007 4:15 PM

Uh, Dan, what's that all over your face on the upper left picture?

Posted by Sean | June 29, 2007 4:18 PM

Those photo booths sometimes leave splotches on the photos, that's what's on his face. I have one that looks like I've got a huge birthmark on my forehead, it's pretty hideous.

Posted by Carollani | June 29, 2007 4:23 PM

This was a fantastic event, nowhere near the dirty romp I expected: http://www.theblogblog.net/?p=602

Thanks to Dan and the Stranger for supporting Mike when he needed it, and now - when others are jumping aboard.

Posted by globglob | June 29, 2007 4:37 PM

Oh jesus christ. The one video that my computer decides is corrupt is, of course, the Mike Jones interview. Fuck my memory card.

Posted by Carollani | June 29, 2007 4:46 PM

Oh, Dan, you really are adorable.

Posted by Dianna | June 29, 2007 5:05 PM

Thank you, Mike. (and Dan)

Posted by rich | June 30, 2007 4:47 AM

I wish you had asked him why he voted for Bush in the last election.

Posted by Karen | June 30, 2007 9:20 AM

Really? You liked the book, Dan? I thought it was awful--a mess on so many levels. At least half of the blame goes to Gallegos.

But I still bought it, read it (cringeingly in so many places) and still think Mike did a great thing.

Posted by Noel Black | June 30, 2007 10:16 PM

Dan, thanks for this post. My parents gave $18,500 to Haggard's church during my high school years. I was an only child, and a "band fag". They saw that I would never be the lawyer, doctor, or quarterback they so desperately wanted, so my college fund went directly to the New Life Church. I left home at 18, moved to New York, got residency, grants/loans at Hunter, eventually writing for the AP. After 10 years of not speaking to my parents, the healing has begun. They regret being duped by the Vaudville schtick that Haggard employed, and regret driving away their only child. Hopefully others will use him as precedent bringing pause for rational thought before committing themselves to such blatant fraud and hate.

Posted by Colo Spgs can really fuck a dude up | July 1, 2007 4:48 AM
Posted by Jonah | July 1, 2007 5:07 AM

@14, Good for you getting on your feet. My parents stopped helping me through college when I came out to them and then turned around and billed me for what they paid towards my schooling. I never paid them and have never talked to them since. That was back in 1994 and I have never regretted it at all.

Posted by Andrew | July 1, 2007 10:33 AM

FYI, here's a review of the service on Ted Haggard's 50th birthday at New Life Church ~ pre-revelation.

Posted by JenK | July 1, 2007 7:09 PM

Dan looks better and better with age. But I do kinda feel guilty about my attraction. Not because I’m lusting after a married man, but for the fact that I recently saw Dan’s “mile high” afro from his yearbook photo. Dan looked like a total geek; I wouldn’t have given him a second glance – it would have been too painful!

What a difference 20 years makes! Never judge a book by its cover: Sometimes ugly ducklings turn into hunky, hip, bigot slaying swans.

He’s taken. Sign…….

Posted by AtlSea | July 1, 2007 7:57 PM

dan's way hotter than mike jones...even with poop on his face...

Posted by michael strangeways | July 2, 2007 11:31 AM