Slog News & Arts

Music & Nightlife

« Cheating Hearts | America's Dumbest Gay People »

Monday, May 7, 2007

Vegas is Back, Baby!

posted by on May 7 at 9:55 AM

The Vegas of Michael Corleone

A device left in a casino parking garage exploded early Monday, killing a hotel employee who picked it up, authorities said. The man was removing the device from atop a car when it exploded shortly after 4 a.m. on the second floor of a parking behind the Luxor hotel-casino, said Officer Bill Cassell, a police spokesman…. Police said the blast was not a terrorist act but an apparent murder of a Luxor employee. No threat had been made against the Luxor, Cassell said.

“We believe the victim of this event was the intended target,” Cassell said. He said another hotel employee narrowly escaped injury when the device exploded.

RSS icon Comments

good thing it didn't have LED lights on it, otherwise it could have been a terrorist device.

Posted by vincent | May 7, 2007 11:09 AM

Mobstah Vegas never left, Dan. It simply covered their work up and assimilated with Corporate Vegas once they knew the Feds and the world was watching.

Posted by Gomez | May 7, 2007 11:34 AM

@1

Yeah, and it has to be giving you the finger in one way or another.

Posted by Mr. Poe | May 7, 2007 12:46 PM

It hadn't occured to me until I read this how much the internet is changing the language of the news business. Probably old news to most of you, but it really jumped out at me this time.

I tried Google'ing it, but nowhere online could I find "bomb" and "Las Vegas" pointing to this story. Just a device that expodes someones car. A BOMB? Not in family friendly terrorist-free Las Vegas! He had it coming anyhow!

Posted by Dougsf | May 7, 2007 1:41 PM

murder is terror.

Posted by maxsolomon | May 7, 2007 2:47 PM

More like the Vegas of Sam "Ace" Rothstein from Casino.

Posted by THobbes | May 7, 2007 8:22 PM