Chow Chef Sets Himself On Fire, Gets Stabbed in the Hand
posted by May 22 at 12:25 PMon
Marco Pierre White, kitchen god and undeniably bad motherfucker, was in town last week to promote his new memoir. At the dinner (for which I shelled out an insane amount of hard-earned money to meet the man), MPW certainly lived up to his legend—passionate, boozy, venerable, lecherous. Also, Sambuca was set on fire and fumes were inhaled through straws.
Today, invaluable resource of information Page Six brings news of MPW’s escapades in New York last week at the Spotted Pig:
As White was demonstrating a flaming Sambuca trick to pals Mario Batali, Tony Bourdain, Carole Radziwill and others, the burning booze spilled on his shirt and the table. In the ensuing group effort to extinguish the flames, several champagne flutes and wine glasses were broken and White “was accidentally stabbed in the hand,” our source said. “Blood went everywhere but he didn’t want to go to the hospital … very macho.” White stuck his hand in a bucket of ice water, wrapped it with some napkins and was put in a cab.
Marco, you the man.