Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Dick in a Box | Lesbianism Confirmed…LIVE! »

Monday, May 21, 2007

Anonymous Burger Texting

posted by on May 21 at 12:20 PM

Last month I lost my cell phone and, along with it, the phone numbers of nearly everyone I know. I’ve since tracked down most numbers, but some have slipped through the cracks, and I occasionally receive text messages from unknown senders. Like this amazing one sent last night:

“Yo! What’s the best burger in Seattle?”

I love getting texts and emails like this from friends. Good burgers are an extremely subjective matter, though, so in order to responsibly provide a recommendation, I wanted to know who the query was from and what sort of burger (fancy? fast food?) s/he was after, so I replied with “Who dis?” and “What kind of burger?” Sadly, I received no reply.

To my long lost, burger texting friend: please get in touch. We obviously have a lot of catch up on. We can do it over cheap, sloppy burgers and vinyl songs from the Wurlizter at Zesto’s in Ballard or over the decadent Coupage Burger—short rib, seared foie gras, truffled potato crisps—at Coupage. It’s up to you.

For those interested, a diverse and inspiring “best burger” conversation over at Chowhound.

RSS icon Comments

The Cheeseburger at the Nite Lite rocked my world last weekend. Best burger, bar or restaurant, I've had in ages.

Posted by Paulus | May 21, 2007 12:48 PM

My current favorite burger is at Ebb & Flow.

Posted by elswinger | May 21, 2007 12:50 PM

Best Burger is at Chez maman. But the best reasonably priced burger is the chicken tikka burger at McDonald's.

Posted by Angry Andrew | May 21, 2007 1:19 PM

Fast food burger? Dicks or Burgermaster. Fancy burger? My house. I haven't found a good one yet. I don't usually order a burger in a place that might have a good one. Julia's in Wallingford makes an absolutely vile one.

Posted by Fnarf | May 21, 2007 1:24 PM

Why couldn't you just call the number the text came from?

Posted by PA Native | May 21, 2007 1:32 PM

Red Mill is reeeeeeeally tasty stuff!

Posted by monkey | May 21, 2007 1:47 PM

Lambburger at Saltoro in N. Seattle. Bloody, fantastic mess o' goodness. Get it with the truffle fries, and a tall glass of booze.

Posted by wbrproductions | May 21, 2007 1:52 PM

By's (I'd give an honorable mention to Daly's, but they've gotten too damn expensive. Paying upwards of $4 for a single burger is morally wrong).

Posted by Mr. X | May 21, 2007 8:41 PM