City The Contenders (Rumored and Otherwise)
posted by April 2 at 14:34 PMon
Rumors about who’s running for city council have started flying over the last few days. I’m on the phones trying to track down which ones are legit and which ones are fake; in the meantime, however, here are a few of the names I’ve heard as possible candidates in the past few days:
1. KCTS host Enrique Cerna, who has reportedly talked to consultant Cathy Allen;
2. Former monorail board member Jim Nobles;
3. Democratic Party veteran Noel Frame (who, at 27, would be the youngest candidate in any race);
4. State Rep. and perennial rumored council contender Phyllis Kenney;
5. Longtime civic gadfly and Historylink founder Walt Crowley;
6. City employee and political junkie Tim Durkan, who sought the open seat formerly held by Jim Compton; and
7. King County disease intervention specialist Carrie Shriver.
Of those, only Shriver has declared her intent to run (she’s seeking the seat that Peter Steinbrueck will vacate next year). More details and clarifications as they emerge.