Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Seattle's Mud Room

What's wrong with the roller coaster? I love that thing.

Posted by zzyzx | April 18, 2007 1:32 PM

Speaking of the stoner laser dome, I hereby propose a homo-curated Gayzer Beam show in there for this year's Pride festivities.

And speaking of ferris wheels, I hope it'd be the kind with just enough privacy & room to perform (or receive) a blowjob on. Let's "do the Puyallup" right under the Space Needle.

Posted by Explorer | April 18, 2007 1:44 PM

Wow, great idea, to take a public space being used heavily and raze it to the ground.

Maybe next they could destroy that Pike Market eyesore.

Posted by Peter | April 18, 2007 1:48 PM

I think Memorial Stadium needs a major upgrade or total destruction. I think an outdoor amphitheater to compete with the Gorge and Auburn.

Posted by elswinger | April 18, 2007 1:57 PM

I love the Fun Forest, especially in winter when it's sad and lonely.

Posted by Fnarf | April 18, 2007 2:01 PM

The fun forest has been haunted by grizzled carnie ghosts for years. Just because you bulldoze the rusty rides doesn't mean the angry spirits entombed in the native american carnie burial ground beneath the fun forest will cease rattling their spooky, crooked ring toss.

Posted by jackie treehorn | April 18, 2007 2:40 PM

The Fun Forest is a favorite destination for me and my kids. The rickety rides and the Ethiopan teenagers who run them are awesome. I don't know why more people don't go.

Posted by Sean | April 18, 2007 2:48 PM

Any mention of a skatepark?

Posted by opticsdoug | April 18, 2007 4:03 PM

I think they should rename it "The Gayway" as it was called when it opened in 1962. And bring back the Wild Mouse.

Posted by Fnarf | April 18, 2007 4:32 PM

I want the Bubbleator.

Posted by Will in Seattle | April 18, 2007 4:45 PM

My vote would be to keep the Ferris Wheel & Merry-go-round and add a Skate Park.

Posted by lilblackcat | April 18, 2007 4:46 PM

The photos of protestors in front of the north entrance to the Center House from 1949 (when it was the Armory, and hosted some of the earliest House Un-American Activities Committee hearings) make it a weird and unacknowledged door through time. Look them up and try to ever wait in line for a Mem Stadium show at Bumbershoot the same way again.

Posted by Grant Cogswell | April 18, 2007 4:47 PM

Nice ferris wheel photo. Where's it from?

Posted by aep | April 18, 2007 5:26 PM

I'm with Fnarf...but with the Gayway & Wild Mouse, bring back Show Street:

"Dad, now that you've got a little time by yourself, you might want to stroll down Show Street, the "adult entertainment" section of the fair. Pick up a schedule for Gracie Hansen's Paradise International to show the fellas back in your neighborhood. You all might want to come down here one night to take in the floor show. Ooh la la."

Posted by redundantcity | April 18, 2007 5:55 PM

I love the Fun Forest--it has character and the kids love it. Why this obssession with upgrading Seattle into the same acceptable blandness found all across America.I'd rather see some of this money used to help the homeless or destroy THE WEEKLY.

Posted by DKJ | April 18, 2007 6:31 PM