Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Trouble in Dildotown | A Neat Way to Support a Neat N... »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Watch This American Life

posted by on March 23 at 14:20 PM

While certain shows on NPR make me want to repeatedly jab an icepick into my ear, everyone loves This American Life with Ira Glass. However! Staunch fans of the program hit the roof when they learned of the televised version debuting on Showtime. Well, I’m here to offer proof that there’s no need to worry. This American Life is just as good, if not improved, in this incarnation with brilliant cinematography and lighting augmenting the weird and wonderful stories.

Don’t have Showtime? Well, check out the first episode in its entirety HERE. (And while the first story about a family bull may sound dull at first, something happens at roughly the four-minute mark that will freak you the frak OUT.)

glass-17.jpg

RSS icon Comments

That last part of the first sentience was sarcasm, right?

Go here for TAL parody:

Posted by alto | March 23, 2007 2:27 PM

I've got the heebee jeebees big time. I gotta stop watching these clips you guys post. First Dan with that awful Mika video, and now this. If there was a written way to express the sound of my skin crawling, I would write it.

Posted by RS | March 23, 2007 2:33 PM

Holy Hoax!
Let the gods of cinematography and lighting rain down on the blessed image of illiteracy.
Come April (national faux-etry month), feast your eyes on the 3 hotties at the top!
The one on the left looks like a young Edith Sitwell, don't you think?

Posted by darling463 | March 23, 2007 2:38 PM

What a crappy player. Hasn't Showtime heard of buffering?

Posted by gfish | March 23, 2007 3:18 PM

"We at showtime online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

WHAT THE FUCK?

Posted by john | March 23, 2007 4:44 PM

Dude, that shit rocked.

Posted by Papayas | March 23, 2007 4:56 PM

#4, no kidding! I'll just wait and download the torrent. In the meantime I'm going to watch Knut, the cutest bear in the world, for a second time.

Posted by Ebenezer | March 23, 2007 8:51 PM