Good: Clinton/Gore 08
Better: Gore/Obama 08
Best: Gore/B. Clinton 08
Power gulping hypocrite asshole. I fucking HATE hypocrites (all politicians?). Please review the mayor's electric bill.
Will he or won't he? That is the million dollar question.
An interesting rumor that I hear occasionally is that the Gores and Clintons are sincerely good friends, and that Gore does NOT want to run against Hillary in the primary. That he would not enter the race unless it were clear that Hillary could not win, could not get the necessary support to mount an effective campaign, or bowed out for some reason. That as long as Hillary is a viable candidate, Gore will sit on the sidelines. This is largely conjecture, but it makes a certain amount of sense, and may explain his obvious hesitation to dive in yet.
My feeling is that I'd welcome him as a candidate only if he dumps all of his handlers from the 2000 campaign. When he goes off-script, and talks about something he is passionate about, he can actually be a charismatic and effective speaker. But when he campaigns by focus group, carefully vetting every word, he becomes the most boring wooden robo-Gore, which is a lot of what cost him the election in 2000 (that and a stacked Supreme Court, of course).
Oh, and he should bitch-slap Lieberman and everyone on the focus group that picked Lieberman as a running mate in 2000.
interns deserve a weekly steiped
Can we caption that lovely photo?
"I told you I wanted bottled water. BOTTLED WATER! And all televisions should be tuned to CNN. C-N-N!"
Is he angry, or just yawning?
To say “Gore is pro-choice and pro-civil union (but against gay marriage)” disregards his actual record on gay rights issues which implies that he is either every bit as homophobic as any other Tennessee cracker or a political opportunist. Either way, not to be trusted.
“At the outset of his Congressional career in 1976, Gore called homosexuality "abnormal." In 1980 he voted for an amendment prohibiting the Legal Services Corp. from assisting homosexuals whose rights were denied because of their sexual orientation. As a senator, Gore repeatedly backed anti-gay measures devised by Jesse Helms that sought to deny legal protections for gay people, and supported an amendment to use HIV tests to discriminate against immigrants and people seeking health insurance. Even worse, Gore voted with Helms to restore the anti-gay sodomy law in the District of Columbia after the local city council tried to repeal it.”
The Weekly News (Miami) on August 31, 2000
can you imagine the photoshop potential?
also, P. Shell, stop it with the electric bill bullcrap. Gore may indeed be a power mad JO, but find some actual evidence, would ya? There is so much factual evidence to the contrary that it isn't even worth pointing it out. Not that facts ever impress people like you...
Mike in MO-
Please list a few pieces of factual evidence to the contrary. How could you possibly own a 10,000 sq ft mansion and not use that much power? I will be impressed, trust me.
(and don't give me "it's all green power"; he said he is working on changing light bulbs and adding solar panels.)
I HATE people who defend hypocrites most of all.
The Photoshop potential is massive.
That must be the same face he would make while going down on a rather impressive beer can boy... (or taking it up the ass from the same).
Gore/Obama 08 - that's my prediction.
Can I buy that on a bumpersticker somewhere?
For Gore to say he makes up for his coal energy use by buying Green Power, is like Erica B., who drives a Hummer Limo, makes up for her gas consumption buy buying all of her friends bicycles (assuming she has friends). Sure it all equals out, but how about getting rid of the Hummer jackass?
Still waiting for the facts Mike in MO. You piss me off.
Dear P Schell:
Here you go:
1. The Tennessee Center for Policy Research (which, BTW apparently does no actual policy "research"), is a store-front organization funded by the Cascade Policy Institute, itself a libertarian "think-tank" based out of Portland, OR. So, not exactly the "independent, non-partisan institute" (can a three-person, one-room office with a P.O. box, a web site, and a $108,000 annual budget actually qualify as an "institute"?)
2. Both The Tennessee Vally Authority and the Nashville Electric Service, which supply power to the Gore residence, flatly deny providing TCPR with the figures quoted, despite being listed as the source of attribution.
3. NES does confirm that the Gore's purchase 100% of their allowable monthly power usage through Green Power Switch, a program that offers residential customers the opportunity to purchase power directly from renewable, non-polluting sources such as wind, and solar. In addition, they have installed solar panels, and low-energy output florescent lighting throughout their home. The remainder of their "carbon footprint" is covered through the purchase of "carbon offsets", thus reducing their total CF to 0%.
4. KWh rates through Green Power Switch are higher than for standard power purchased through NES; thus a higher monthly billing for equivalent usage.
5. In addition to living in the residence, the Gore's also run two businesses out of their home, thus increasing overall energy consumption above that of a similarly sized house.
6. As a former Vice President of the United States, Mr. Gore also houses a contingent of Secret Service personnel at his residence, which also increases his power consumption above that of the average household.
All of this took less than 15 minutes to dig up - from reliable sources such as The Associated Press, the Nashville Tennesseean, Nashville Electricity Service, et al.
Try it yourself sometime P Schell - facts can be fun!
That still doesn't change what I said. Those facts still prove he is a hypocrite. Sell your two Priuss, move into a Yurt, purchase Yurts for your needed security, and practice what you preach. His big ass house still burns coal. Offsets-smoffsets. I called 10 black people niggas the other day; to make up for it, I helped 10 black old ladies across the street. I made black folks happy, and ten mad! EQUAL!
Your blind baby, blind from the facts on who you are because you're talkin that garbage. Look at his big ass house.
In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 45 days old).