Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« It's About TV! | An Open Letter to Donald Byrd ... »

Monday, March 26, 2007

Surprise, Surprise

posted by on March 26 at 10:51 AM

Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose.

But who knew about her near-fatal butt trouble?

Smith had also been receiving injections of drugs in her buttocks. On the Monday before she died, a blood infection from one of those injections caused a 105-degree fever. Smith’s friends asked her to go to the hospital to treat the fever, but she refused. “A fever of 105 is life-threatening,” Broward County Medical Examiner Dr. Joshua Perper said, “but she refused and she’s not a child she has the right to refuse and the people around determined that she had the capability to make such a decision. If she had gone to the hospital, I think that yes, she would have had a chance of survival.”

Full grim story here.

RSS icon Comments

1

seems like --- very old news zzzzzzzzzz

we have ---- moved on

the fight for the kid ----- some news potential

Posted by Grunfeld | March 26, 2007 11:17 AM
2

First of all, are we almost ready to stop caring?

However, this does point up something interesting. Bill Maher pointed this out when he was on Larry King recently. Every single drug found in her system was legal. Every drug that killed her was legal. Meanwhile, cannibis remains a schedule I. Good work, US Government...

Posted by Mike in MO | March 26, 2007 11:45 AM
3

Legal, but unjustifiable. Every doctor who "treated" or prescribed for her in the past decade should be decertified and brought up on charges.

Posted by Fnarf | March 26, 2007 12:25 PM
4

Hello? Is the medical examiner on drugs?

Posted by Charles Donovan | March 26, 2007 1:43 PM
5

About the only thing she WASN'T on was Flintstone's Chewables.

Posted by monkey | March 26, 2007 3:10 PM
6

So, any takers on how long it is before Elton John rewrites "Candle in the Wind" so it's about Anna Nicole Smith?

Posted by wile_e_quixote | March 26, 2007 8:50 PM

Comments Closed

In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 14 days old).