Stuff like this makes me crazy!
God, what next?
i just did a speech concerning this (and stem cell research) actually. pres bush has allocated about 1 million alone to publicize the snowflake program.
White couples want white kids or asian kids or Guatemalan kids. The big chunk of those kids waiting for adoption are black and brown. And the fact is too few black and brown families adopt or if we adopt we take on kids from family members. And white couples dont want black and brown kids from here or those few that do have to face silly barriers saying that those kids should only be adopted by black or brown parents. in an ideal world yes, but most kids just want to be loved. it is for these reasons that they stay in perpetual limbo. while pet adoptions are a HUGE success!! sad.
Do you have children Seme?
But, but, adoption doesn't allow women to experience the joy, er, the excruciating pain of motherhood.
Oh crap, I meant child birth.
Then you know how nice it is to receive instruction on how to raise your kids. Your an authority on what people want and don't want. Spare me the statistics of your research.
shocked at the stupidity, but not shocked that this is happening. the funny thing is that many of these implanted embryos won't take hold and will be eventually flushed out of the woman (40% chance of getting pregnant). so what are the pro-lifers that sponsor this program saying about the 60% of the implanted 'tiny human lives' that aren't successful and get washed out? stupid.
Hmm, so someone can imitate Brad & Angelina and pick embryos from several different ethnicities and give birth to a rainbow of babies. That would actually be kinda cool.
But, the real question is, if I adopt a frozen embryo, can I still just keep it in the freezer? Or would that be considered child abuse?
uh, james, i don't get why you are so offended by seme. she's just positing a theory about why people would turn to embryo adoption instead of live-child adoption, and i think she makes some good points. not the whole story, certainly, but a valid piece of it. and by the way, she doesn't cite a single statistic, or instruct you about how to raise your kids.
I think a lot of people want to have a *baby*. It's a daunting idea to adopt a toddler or older kid. I think it's great that people do adopt older kids, but don't be so judgmental about people who want to have a baby.
Thx Ella rosa. I did not get why James was so pissed. I am not saying is right or wrong, its just the way it is. As somebody who grew up in foster care, it just seems sad that people dont want to adopt kids of color or have to face barriers when they do.
One more thing: Im a he.
So what lies in the desire to wanting a baby over a toddler or older child? Do parents want a kid to love, or do they want a kid they can more easily mould in their own image to love?
oops, sorry seme. and someone else on another post just pointed out to me that i was assuming the sex of a writer, albeit with more justification in THAT case. my apologies.
I think a lot of Seme's post was, excuse the sensitivity, racist - racist in the extent that he emphasized the blame on white people to induce guilt. Sorry, but if I choose not to adopt a brown or black child, I am not going to feel bad about it.
'Secrets & Lies' is a good movie about race and adoption.
Plus, Seme's emotional plea that 'most kids just want to be loved' insults anyone's intelligence. Silly stuff that practically refutes any further theories he might have.
James - perhaps, and I bet black and brown people are less likely to adopt white babies, but at the moment, that isn't really a problem. Racist means discriminating based upon race. SeMe pointed out that people discriminate based on race in choosing kids to adopt. Obviously this means SeMe is the racist one... Yep, yessiree.
commercial credit chase cards http://chase-credit-cards.weblogs.pl >credit secured cards chase
In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 45 days old).