Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Where Do I Send a Check?

uh, how about to ANYONE else? franken is a hack and a fool. exactly the opposite of what the democratic party needs.

Posted by SEAN NELSON, EMERITUS | February 1, 2007 10:27 AM

STUART SMALLEY FOR SENATE!!!!

Uh... pass.

Posted by Gomez | February 1, 2007 10:38 AM

Before we strike him out.. (remember an idiot Democrat is better than any Republican) who is he running against?

Posted by Andrew | February 1, 2007 11:00 AM

I love it! Go Al!

Posted by Suz | February 1, 2007 11:27 AM

Al's great, and will be a nice follow-up to Paul Wellstone.

Posted by DOUG. | February 1, 2007 11:39 AM

He's already got the blowhard speaking style down pat. That's the only real skill required in the Senate.

Posted by Fnarf | February 1, 2007 12:14 PM

I find Franken sarcastic, off-putting, elitist: nearly every right-wing caricature of a liberal seems to apply here. The few times I've tried to read or listen to him, he comes across to me as full of contempt for every one who disagrees with him, and some of his ranting about Christians will make great campaign ads--for his opponent. It seems that in his justifiable contempt for Rush Limbaugh, he gazed in to the abyss-of-Rush once too often, and the abyss gazed back.

I'm also not so far gone as to say that ANY Democrat is better than ANY Republican, but I understand the impulse: we've seen how even moderate or principled GOP congresscritters go along with the party line too often. Sigh. Can't we do the Stewart/Colbert thing instead?

Posted by torrentprime | February 1, 2007 1:08 PM

Not in Christine Gregoire's case, as far as I'm concerned. Her GOP opponent has my vote in 2008 unless she decides not to run for re-election or gets vote-capped in the primary by someone who isn't an impotent imbecile.

Posted by Gomez | February 1, 2007 1:17 PM

an idiot democrat is not better than any republican. party politics is fucking disgusting.

Posted by SEAN NELSON, EMERITUS | February 2, 2007 10:17 AM