Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Yay, Amanda!

he's a nice guy, but wouldn't Gore be a better choice? or Obama?

Posted by Will in Seattle | January 31, 2007 3:33 PM

I think I'd prefer making it easier for people to rise out of poverty into the middle class. Amanda has made it no secret that she thinks everyone is entitled to a middle class lifestyle, whether they work for it or not. It's safe to say that's not what Edwards has in mind.

Posted by keshmeshi | January 31, 2007 4:26 PM

I'd prefer a candidate who doesn't say that "all options are on the table" with respect to Iran. Is he really okay with using nuclear weapons?! Where is Amanda on this? ECB?

Posted by javaan | January 31, 2007 4:37 PM

I agree with most of Edwards' positions, but unfortunately, as shallow as this sounds, I have a hard time supporting him because of the fact that he comes off as a charisma-impaired clone of Bill Clinton. He has that same "compassionate small-town Southerner" persona, but lacks the genuineness (or at least the ability to seem genuine to millions of people on TV) that made Clinton so appealing to so many people.

As for Amanda... I guess I've never quite understood her popularity. She uses 5,000 words to make a point when 50 would do, her attempts at humor tend to fall flat, and she seems to think of herself as an authority on music despite the fact that her taste is indistinguishable from any other Pitchfork-reading indie type's.

But, anyhow, I guess that's enough rain for this parade.

Posted by R | January 31, 2007 5:15 PM

Seattle Will:

All Gore IS NOT A DECLARED CANDIDATE!!!!

Posted by Willkk | February 1, 2007 7:58 AM

What's the over-under on how many days it'll take before Marcotte "resigns" from the position, now that the scrutiny of her past oeuvre is starting up in earnest?

Posted by Earl Hofert | February 3, 2007 2:29 AM