Life Notes From The Prayer Warrior
posted by January 10 at 15:58 PMon
I don’t post every single note I receive from the Prayer Warrior, and this one, which arrived today, almost didn’t make the cut. But I’ve consulted fellow Prayer-Warrior-watcher Dave Schmader, and he’s convinced me there are enough little gems in this one to make at least half of it worth your time. The rest is in the jump.
January 10, 2007
Dear Prayer Warrior,
Please pray for continued results in our study of Matthew over the last four years, that God’s Word would continue to do its work. Remember the final truth of Matthew in this:
• Everyone has a free choice, but when you choose, your rights end, and God has all power over the consequences of your choice, not you.
• The consequence of your choice far outweighs and far outlasts any reason for that choice.
Here are the four questions I asked on December 24, that I want you to answer this coming year:
1. What price is enough to keep your mouth sealed about the power of Jesus’ resurrection? A wise man gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
2. What price is enough not to be shaken when you see the Word of God being butchered by saying the resurrection of Christ is only biblical myth? Your relationship with someone else or something else is not worth giving up your relationship to Jesus Christ.
3. What price is enough for you to sell the truth for a benefit that is temporal in nature? Is what you have accomplished yesterday worth losing all potential for tomorrow?
4. What price will be enough – will any excuse be worth telling when you are standing face to face with Jesus Christ? The other choice may seem better at the time, but not when you hear Him say, “at this time, your time is up!”
Pray as we begin our new series on Elisha, a man who dared to believe God. My goal for this series is that we at Antioch Bible Church will expect to see great things happen in our day, just like in the Old Testament!
Let the Word of Christ dwell within you,