Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Hutcherson Trying to Repeal Gay Civil Rights Bill. (Again.)

I don't know about "odd" or "not surprising," but how about illegal. I've got a call into the IRS to see if that's kosher.

Posted by Josh Feit | December 6, 2006 3:38 PM

You know what I really found enlightening about Andrew's post? The fact that November 28th was *last week*. Without Andrew's intrepid reporting, I never would've figured that out!

Keep it up Andrew! Oh, and keep us updated on when it snows too - I'd never be able to keep track of that without your help!

Posted by Willis | December 6, 2006 3:38 PM

Eyman couldn't pull it off with a lower signature threshold. How is Hutch going to manage it? What a fucking idiot.

Posted by keshmeshi | December 6, 2006 4:27 PM

This is so unconstitutional on so many levels. Too bad congress doesn't have the balls to revisit taxing churches.

Posted by elswinger | December 6, 2006 4:28 PM

Why do you waste your time attempting to jeer at people, Willis? Don't you have something better to do?

You come across as a pretty grouchy, petty critic to me.

Plenty of readers wrote to say they appreciated our weather coverage. We're not a weather site, but that was a major storm that affected us, and as such, we paid attention to it. You didn't have to read it. But evidently you did.

Posted by Jonathan | December 6, 2006 5:27 PM

Why doesn't "Hutch" just stay over in Latvia, and send for all the parishoners of Our Lady of the Gymnasium?

Anyone who is stupid enough to go to church in a high school gym is certainly stupid enough to follow a fool to Latvia

Posted by catalina vel-duray | December 6, 2006 6:46 PM

I actually don't think it's illegal. I believe churches are prohibited from endorsing candidates. An initiative isn't a candidate.

Posted by Orv | December 6, 2006 11:26 PM

Actually, Jonathan, I'm not "attempting to jeer at people", I actually *am* jeering at you. And I think I mostly do it to get a reaction out of you guys - and you always come through - your feelings are soooooo easily hurt - your (overinflated) egos so easily bruised. You guys just make such an easy target.

Keep up the "work" against Eyman - he's a scumbag, and I appreciate the work you do to keep him down.

Posted by Willis | December 7, 2006 9:35 AM