Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« House Speaker Frank Chopp Open... | I Wonder If She Was About To L... »

Thursday, December 7, 2006

CNN + Local Band = Love

posted by on December 7 at 15:40 PM

A very observant Slog reader named Henri just sent us this note:

I was watching Anderson Cooper the other night and I heard Head Like a Kite. The funny thing was that I had just seen them the night before at Chop Suey. I double checked and confirmed on their website, CNN is in fact using their music as bumper music.

I think that’s pretty huge. CNN? Wow. How the hell does CNN know about Head Like a Kite, let alone use
them for their music?

Good question, but that’s pretty awesome exposure for the local band. Congrats, guys! For more info on Head Like a Kite, visit www.headlikeakite.com, where you can hear the band’s music and watch videos.

RSS icon Comments

Yay, Head Like a Kite!

Posted by Yay! | December 7, 2006 4:50 PM

Isn't it funny how back in the '90s, we'd of been like, "those sellouts!!"

Times change, yes they do.

Posted by Matthew | December 7, 2006 5:48 PM

I am glad for them.
Did you see their swell superman attire on Halloween?

see here (nyc day 2)..
kexp.org/events/photos.asp

Posted by jasun | December 8, 2006 4:03 AM

I'm a former CNN intern. It would amaze you to know how much of the work there (including off-air reporting, writing, and editing) is done by unpaid college students in their early 20s. Not surprising that some decent music might make it on the air.

Posted by Ryan | December 8, 2006 7:55 AM

I would question the sell out thing too, but I think Anderson Cooper is rad. Very very cool.

Posted by Mam | December 8, 2006 2:55 PM

Can someone say hotty? In the Superman pictures, I see the drummer's, um, his thing. Save me now.

Posted by thingy | December 8, 2006 3:10 PM

I see they released their cd in the UK and they have all this European press and press from all over the US. I don't know how local they are.

Posted by mam | December 8, 2006 3:20 PM

Woh... I only new them since a year. Nerver realy followed their music. But this is great new. Cnn local band. Wow. Major props. I know that Head Like a kite played with one of my favorite bands, Daylight Basement and that is how I found out about them. This is suprising. It is weird how times change. Congrats to thee Head like a kite. wos.s

Posted by keya | December 9, 2006 9:33 PM