Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on The Morning News

can someone explain why only the guy in the restroom was arrested "for having sex" and not the woman? what the hell?

Posted by seattl98104 | October 26, 2006 9:07 AM

I wondered that too. Maybe because he shouldn't have been in the women's room?

Posted by Gabriel | October 26, 2006 9:10 AM

Re the abortion protesters, I lived in Dublin just prior to a major nationwide referendum on abortion a few years back, and for week and weeks nearly every lightpole and open wall-space was covered with pictures of aborted fetuses or miscarried babies. I was amazed that anyone thought it would be effective at changing people's convictions, and angry that you were forced to be subjected to these images everywhere you turned.

Posted by Gabriel | October 26, 2006 9:18 AM

the pissed off yellow jacket story lead the 11:00 news on KOMO, channel 4, last night. i am still horse from yelling at the television. fucking local news is worthless.

Posted by sassy | October 26, 2006 9:26 AM

it's not worthless, it's hillarious, it's pure entertainment.. i mean where else can I tune in at lunch to find out who's going to be on oprah, or what special power will be revealed on heroes??? huh?? local news that's where.

Posted by seattl98104 | October 26, 2006 9:29 AM

Local news is fluf, for sure. Actually the lead story on KOMO at 11pm was about the guy that got swept out to sea by a wave in Cabo San Lucas. But the yellow jackets were right up there!

Posted by Dilda | October 26, 2006 9:42 AM

I found it humorous that the title of Andrew Sullivan's book is "The Conservative Soul." Is that the punchline to a joke?

We'd better find it soon. Everyone check under the sofa cushions. Nope? OK then.

We'll find the "Conservative Soul" around the same time that we find unicorns, flying carpets and "the real killers."

Posted by Andrew | October 26, 2006 10:54 AM

Oh, it's not 96 dead, five more killed today.

Bush has broken 100.

What a moron.

Posted by Will in Seattle | October 26, 2006 1:26 PM

man, NJ is a Mac and we're a PC.

Posted by blehpunk | October 26, 2006 2:05 PM

I believe to have attended the indicated Seahawk game with said Alternative Weekly Managing Editor. As I was in a similar (yet thankfully not so broken of gyroscope) debilitating stupor, I was not able to fully recall my witnessing of the crumplements of my fellow attendee. The tiny white and tiny purple shirts rushing around on the field were more than enough to occupy a most vacant squinting. I did, however, receive due corroboration of this scribe's uncontrolled day-of-rest fallibility from others in our party, as well as an additional report of said Managing Editor executing a giddy and thankfully-buttressed parade of poorly-measured steps intended, surely, for a graceful exit from our seating section.

Posted by C. Hawk Reposado | October 26, 2006 2:18 PM

Just our fucking luck. The Sonics get all set to roll out of town, and THEN they dump Walker. I suppose he'll sit on his useless ass, waiting for us to get a new ball club that he can fuck up.

JJ should have slapped him harder, and more often.

Posted by JohnYawl | October 26, 2006 8:17 PM