Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« The Day in Ridiculous Sexism | re: Theater Is Not Virtuous »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Former White House Chef Speaks

posted by on October 26 at 11:12 AM

…and although he is circumspect, it’s all too clear that under W. and company the poor man was subjected to no end of jackassery. (Now, however, it sounds like he’s giggling whilst rolling in piles of money and attending lots of cocktail parties. Revenge is sweeter than, um, Coca-Cola Brined Pilgrim’s Pride Turkey with Dunkin’ Donuts Old-Fashioned Cake Doughnut Sweet and Savory Stuffing or maybe even Krispy Kreme “Snow Balls” with NestlĂ© “Nesquik” Hot Fudge Sauce and Asher’s Chocolate Covered Mini-Pretzels.)

RSS icon Comments

See, that's what REAL PEOPLE eat! It just goes to show that George W. Bush is a real AMERICAN boy.

You can keep your croissants and continental cuisine. Give me some Coca-cola brined Pilgrim's Pride Turkey with donut stuffing.

Posted by Fat Stupid American | October 26, 2006 11:45 AM

Let them free base pig grease for all I care. I hope they all keel over. Or swell up like that blueberry juice girl in Willy Wonka.

Posted by Special K | October 26, 2006 11:53 AM

I'm with stupid. And for desert we'll have deep fried coke.

Posted by Rummy | October 26, 2006 11:54 AM

Man, I read this as "White House Chief" - I thought you were talking about Andy Card. Well, I read about the jackassery this man was handed, too.

Posted by Brie | October 26, 2006 11:58 AM

Aside from the repulsiveness of the food, the thing that strikes me is IT'S ALL BRAND NAMES. Don't they ever eat anything that's just from a farm or something?

Garbage in, garbage out.

Posted by Fnarf | October 26, 2006 11:59 AM

When I worked in event planning, we would sometimes get requests to incorporate certain products for a company dinner, or something like that, but this is disgusting. Coca-Cola Brined Turkey with Donut Stuffing? Krispy Kreme with fake Chocolate Sauce? A TRIO OF SAFEWAY GREENS? WTF?

And don't even get me started on those wines, and the idea of serving BEER at a banquet, Let alone some some shitty A-B beer.

Yes, I'm a snob. That meal would make me puke. I can't imagine how a real chef could bring himself to prepare that menu, let alone cook it.

Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay | October 26, 2006 12:26 PM

These meals would be fantastically appealing to an eight-year-old boy. In fact, they look like they were designed by an eight-year-old boy. Because ultimately that's what GWB is.

Posted by Fnarf | October 26, 2006 12:47 PM

What a waste of perfectly good donuts.

Posted by keshmeshi | October 26, 2006 2:11 PM