Slog - The Stranger's Blog

Line Out

The Music Blog

« An Open Letter to Paul Allen | There are a lot of stupid thin... »

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

The Roof Was on Fire

Posted by on August 8 at 12:17 PM

Yesterday, the Showbox had a small fire on the venue’s rooftop due to a faulty air-conditioning unit. Luckily, the flame was quickly extinguished and no damage was done to the inside of the building.

In an e-mail today, the venue is happy to report that everything is okay and the highly-anticipated Peaches and Herms/Eagles of Death Metal show is still a go for tomorrow night. “We are undergoing a few minor fixes and expect to be fully operational for the Peaches show on Wednesday.”

CommentsRSS icon

So it turns out they did NOT let the motherfucker burn.

Could have been much, much worse.

"The more I shouted, the harder they danced."

Too bad. Showbox is seattle's shittiest venue.

Comments Closed

In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 45 days old).