Bon Voyage, Cheney!
Thanks to all the people who contributed a bucket-full of entries to our Slog contest honoring Dick Cheney’s disaster tour. The VP begins his tour today, and as promised, your top ten entries:
Sending Dick Cheney to soothe the hurt of New Orleans is like….
10) …just plain wrong.
9) …sending Sherman to rebuild Atlanta.
8) …sending Tom Cruise to pick up your prescription meds at the pharmacy.
7) …hiring Michael Jackson to perform at your five-year-old boy’s birthday party.
6) …inviting Kanye West to be the keynote speaker at a GOP fundraiser.
5) …letting the guy who knocked your teeth out sell you dentures.
4) …having Godzilla over for sushi.
3) …sending in armed troops to encourage a free-thinking democracy.
2) …going to the Wildrose for a blowjob.
1) …putting a former horse judge in charge of FEMA.
The winning entry was sent in by Cindy Massey of Murphysboro, IL, who was one of many far-flung Slog readers to send in ideas. Thanks to all participants, near and far, and good luck, Mr. Vice President.